Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Summer Happenings

June is almost over and that means 2009 is halfway through. Time passes so quickly!!!!
I got to go see my mom in Amarillo for a short visit this month. It's hard to see her so frail. She used to be so vibrant. I think about her a lot and wonder how she's doing. I'm in that stage of my life where I still have kids to take care of and a mom that needs care, and work that keeps me very busy.
My youngest son is gone camping this week with Scouts. I know this will be the last time he goes. It's been a fun tradition, but he thinks he's too old for that now. I wish I could go to camp for a week in the summer. I guess I still could volunteer at a camp somewhere. My other son is busy with taking some summer classes at San Jacinto College. It's kind of overwhelming for him because he just graduated from high school and didn't have to do much work this past year. My husband is working out of town in Woodward, Oklahoma. That's a booming little town.
We are having a drought here. My garden looks terribly sunburned. Won't have many tomatoes this year. I came home to find my best tomato plant pretty much eaten up by a tomato worm. It's just been too hot and dry to keep things alive when I'm gone for a day or two at a time.
I've been working at the office and reading a lot in between babies since the rest of my family has been gone. Just trying to keep up mostly. I will sleep good tonight since I only got about five hours last night. Overall, I'm very happy with my life.

No comments: