Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My Birthday!

Tomorrow is my birthday. I've always loved my birthday. I liked it when I was a kid because I would usually get out of school. I like it now because I am thankful for every year I have. I indulged myself today because I know I have a busy day tomorrow. Today, I went downtown and ate at one of my favorite little places in Houston- called Stone Mill Bakers on Kirby. I had a turkey-avocado salad with cranberries and a great dressing. Then I went to a nearby park and went for a walk. After that, I went to a little shop called Lucia's Garden. I love to go there. It has all kinds of unusual books and gifts and herbs. When I was there today, it was very cloudy and rainy and it felt good to be inside there. Lucia, the woman that owns the store, said hello to me. I bought two books, and a dishtowel. I feel very lucky that I got to do that. I hope all of you will have a good day on your birthday, too.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jackie,
Happy Birthday! I think about you often. Blessings for many more birthdays!
Love, Kayse

contentmom said...

Happy Birthday, Jackie! There's nothing that beats the smell of an herb-scented store. I bet that dishtowel smells great! Robin

Jane said...

Happy Birthday. Blessings in the next year from Ries, Michelle, and Gideon

Sharon Kornberg said...

Happy Birthday!

Melissa said...

"Happy birthday to you!" :)

strawnfam3 said...

Happy Birthday, Jackie!! I'm so thankful for having you in my life (and the lives of my kids, of course!). We love you!