Dear Friends, January 2010
Another year gone by and a new one to start over with! I’ve loved hearing from so many family and friends this Christmas season. And especially pictures of all the kids and families are such a treat. Thanks for taking the time to send your greetings.
I want to wish all of you Happy New 2010. I hope it will be a good year for us all. Here’s a few of the highlights of our family in 2009.
· Bonham graduated from high school! He was surprised we made such a big deal about it. He said he thought he had to.
· Took a summer vacation to
· Anson and I went to see a Bruce Springsteen concert in April. I had to twist his arm to go, but he admitted it was a great concert. I loved it.
· In September, Luke, Abbey, Travis, and Brenda came home from
· Luke left in early December to work at Snowbird Ski Resort in
· Had a Griggs family reunion at our house in March. Had a great turn out. First Griggs reunion in 25 years!
· I got to go to a great midwife conference in
· We took in a little stray sheltie dog and named him PupPup. He died from heart worms in November. We are still sad about it.
· George went hunting and got a mule deer. Come see us and we’ll give you a package of meat.
· Jackie helped with 86 babies- 46 girls and 40 boys. The birth center is doing well. I still love what I do and it keeps me very busy!
· Travis and Brenda are living in the little house behind our house. It is wonderful to have them so close.
· We got to go to several movies, concerts, talks, home tours, Astros games, and a canoe trip this year. Bonham and I went for a weekend in
· Anson got his drivers license and took over Travis’ old red El Camino.
· Planted 8 fruit trees on our property. A tough year for little trees to start out. No rain and temp above 100 for most of June.
· George stayed home most of 2009. Only a few trips to a job in
· I stuck with my goal for 2009 and went to the library at least once a month. I read a lot of books this year-mostly about the Holocaust.
· Anson is doing great in 11th grade at a brand new just built high school. He was born to be a teenager and doing a good job at it.
· Bonham is going on a mission for our church to
This year is starting out sadly for me. I just got back from
As you can see, the boys are growing up and we are growing older. We are so proud of each one of them. We have a lot to be thankful for. We hope to see you all this year.
Jackie and the boys
PS. Here’s my blog sites: www.lifeofamidwife.blogspot.com, www.bayareabirths.blogspot.com